These DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks Usage Guidelines (these “Guidelines”) outline how DI TRU EXPRESS LLC. (“DI TRU EXPRESS”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”) permits the use of DI TRU EXPRESS’s trademarks, brandnames, tradenames, service marks, service names, domain names and logos (collectively, “DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks”).
- We have developed these Guidelines with the following goals in mind: We wish to make it easy for anyone to use the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks for Community-Oriented Efforts in a manner that helps spreading and improving DI TRU EXPRESS. “Community-Oriented Effort” means a non-profit project or meetup. If you wish to use the DI TRU EXPRESS name in a for-profit project, please contact us as specified below.
- We wish to make it clear how DI TRU EXPRESS-related businesses and projects can, or cannot use the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks.
- We wish to prevent anyone from using the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks in an unfairly profit form and to trick or confuse people who are looking for resources officially released by DI TRU EXPRESS.
- You acknowledge and agree that We are the sole and exclusive owners of the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks and that We retain all intellectual property rights in and to the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks and goodwill associated with DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks, and any goodwill generated by your use of any DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks will inure to Our exclusive benefit. You shall at no time contest, challenge, encourage or aid third parties in contesting the validity or ownership of any DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks or take any action in derogation of Our rights therein, including, without limitation, applying to register any trademark, tradename or other designation that is confusingly similar in any way to the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks.
- Subject to the terms and conditions hereunder, We grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable license to use and display DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks, solely in accordance with these Guidelines and other written instructions provided by Us from time to time, and solely as a part of your business or personal project as long as all the following terms are met:
- The DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks shall not be displayed in a manner that implies that the project is affiliated with DI TRU EXPRESS. This doesn’t just mean that in order to comply with these Guidelines you can simply write “we are not affiliated with DI TRU EXPRESS” in your footer. Rather you must refrain altogether from using misleading business practices such as using a domain name comprising solely of the word “DI TRU EXPRESS” or just using Our logo as your website’s logo.
- Your project must have discernible differences from the DI TRU EXPRESS’s software. Meaning, it is not a redistribution of the DI TRU EXPRESS software.
- Your use of the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks is not displayed in a manner that implies that your project, products and/or services are endorsed or sponsored by DI TRU EXPRESS. For example, calling your project “DI TRU EXPRESS Media Gallery” is prohibited, whilst using “Media Gallery For DI TRU EXPRESS” is permitted.
- If you add features to the DI TRU EXPRESS’s software, you can state “Powered by DI TRU EXPRESS” but you cannot sell your products as “DI TRU EXPRESS”.
- Any word that implies premium features, such as “DI TRU EXPRESS Gold”, “DI TRU EXPRESS Plus” or “DI TRU EXPRESS Platinum” is prohibited.
- Using the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks’ colors as a part of your website’s branding is ok if you provide services based on DI TRU EXPRESS’s services or software. You shall not do so if this misleads people to think that the website is a formal DI TRU EXPRESS site.
- Any deceptive practices, such as using domain names that are meant to mislead people to think that they are using an official DI TRU EXPRESS website are prohibited.
- All use of DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks (including any goodwill arising therefrom) shall solely benefit DI TRU EXPRESS. Any display of the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks shall be only in the exact format in which We provide it. No alternate stylization or representation or is permitted. Specifically, you may not change the color proportion, or font of any of DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks, or make any additions to or remove any elements from DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks.
- DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks shall not be placed on any background that interferes with the readability or display of that DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks.
- DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks may not be displayed or used in any manner together with or in the context of any content which is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, offensive, indecent, pornographic, abusive, discriminatory, fraudulent, threatening or vulgar; or which harms or may harm the goodwill of DI TRU EXPRESS (in DI TRU EXPRESS’s reasonable discretion). The above examples of unlawful and prohibited use do not constitute an exhaustive list
- Unless you received Our explicit consent, under no circumstances is it permitted to use DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks as part of a domain name or top-level domain name. We reserve the right to withdraw any abovementioned consent at anytime.
- We do not allow the use of the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords.
- Use of any DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks is at your own risk. The uses permitted hereunder are provided by DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks “AS-IS”, without any warranties whatsoever, including (without limitation) any warranty of title and non-infringement. You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless DI TRU EXPRESS and DI TRU EXPRESS affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your use of the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks. Without derogating from or excusing your obligations under this section, DI TRU EXPRESS reserves the right (at your own expense), but are not under any obligation, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to an indemnification by you if you choose not to defend or settle it. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our express approval.
- DI TRU EXPRESS reserves the right to change these Guidelines at any time, at its sole discretion, with immediate effect. In addition, where DI TRU EXPRESS finds that you are failing to comply with this policy, DI TRU EXPRESS may promptly extract you from its affiliates program and use any and all legal means in its power to stop your activity. DI TRU EXPRESS reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, to take appropriate action against any use without permission or any use that does not conform to these Guidelines.
A few examples to help you understand how to apply these Guidelines:
- You want to open a Meetup group for DI TRU EXPRESS users in your area, and you call it “DI TRU EXPRESS Developers Meetup Group – Denver”.
- You organize a meetup and call it “DI TRU EXPRESS 2022 Meetup”.
- You set up a website called “DI TRU EXPRESS-Templates.com”.
- You set up a website called “DI TRU EXPRESS-Jobs.io”
When in doubt about your use of the DI TRU EXPRESS name or logo, please contact legal@Di Tru Express.com for clarification.
This may be relevant if you want to use the DI TRU EXPRESS Trademarks as a part of your conference, website, group or other logo or if you’re planning on selling any physical product, t-shirts, cups, sweaters or just print stickers.